You voted! Our November/December 2018 AgBookClub pick is Seeds of Science: Why We Got It So Wrong on GMOs by Mark Lynas. Lynas, who formerly opposed GMOs, admitted in 2013 that he had it all wrong. This book outlines GMO technology, why he previously questioned GMOs, and why he thinks genetic modification has a future in agriculture.
Here’s what you need to do this month:
Get the book. Buy it, borrow it, read over your neighbor’s shoulder — we don’t care. But don’t steal the book.
Read the book.
- Week 1: Chapter 1 (Twitter chat on 11/14)
- Week 2: Chapter 2 (Twitter chat on 11/21)
- Week 3: Chapter 3 & 4 (Twitter chat on 11/28)
- Week 4: Chapter 5 & 6 (Twitter chat on 12/5)
- Week 5: Chapter 7 & 8 (Twitter chat on 12/12)
- Week 6: Chapter 9 & 10 (Twitter chat on 12/19)
Join the chat (#AgBookClub) on Wednesdays at 8:00pm Central on Twitter. Learn how to participate in a Twitter chat here. While we hope you can participate in our discussion every week, we know that everyone has busy schedules. We always include general questions that can be answered by anyone, so please don’t hesitate to jump in the Twitter chat if you didn’t have a chance to read the section we’re discussing. We welcome any and all to join the discussion!
Visit our bookshelf to see what we’ve read in past months and what we’ve got on the schedule for next month.