It’s holiday baking season! AgBookClub’s December selection, Baking Powder Wars: The Cutthroat Food Fight that Revolutionized Cooking by Linda Civitello, is the story that you didn’t know existed. It’s an account of brand wars, bribery, and slander over something as minute as the baking staple you forget is hanging out in the back of your kitchen cabinet.
Click here to order the book or download the Kindle version. Order through our link and AgBookClub gets a little somethin’-somethin’ back from Amazon to help keep this website running. 🙂
Here’s what you need to do this month:
Get the book. Buy it, borrow it, download and listen to it, read it over your neighbor’s shoulder — we don’t care. But don’t steal the book. 😉
Read the book.
- Week 1: Chapters 1 – 3 [pages 1 – 50] (Twitter chat on 12/2)
- Week 2: Chapters 4 – 6 [pages 51 – 95] (Twitter chat on 12/9)
- Week 3: Chapters 7 – 9 [pages 96 – 150] (Twitter chat on 12/16)
- Week 4: Chapters 10 & 11 [pages 151 – 190] (Twitter chat on 12/23)
- Week 5: We’re taking a short holiday break before we resume on January 6
Join the chat (#AgBookClub) on Wednesdays at 8:00pm Central on Twitter. Learn how to participate in a Twitter chat here. While we hope you can participate in our discussion every week, we know that everyone has busy schedules. We always include general questions following the topic(s) of the book that can be answered by anyone, so please don’t hesitate to jump in the Twitter chat if you didn’t have a chance to read the section we’re discussing. We welcome any and all to join the discussion!