Our summer read for AgBookClub will be Rancher, Farmer, Fisherman by Miriam Horn. This book follows the stories of many individuals involved in the production agriculture industry and what they’re doing to practice conservation and sustainability in their respective domains.
Here’s what you need to do this month:
Get the book. Buy it, borrow it, read over your neighbor’s shoulder — we don’t care. But don’t steal the book.
Read the book.
- Week 1: Pages 1 – 42 (intro & beginning chapter 1) (Twitter chat on 7/11)
- Week 2: Pages 43 – 80 (end chapter 1) (Twitter chat on 7/18)
- Week 3: Pages 81 – 117 (beginning chapter 2) (Twitter chat on 7/25)
- Week 4: Pages 118 -148 (end chapter 2) (Twitter chat on 8/1)
- Week 5: Pages 149-206 (chapter 3) (Twitter chat on 8/8)
- Week 6: Pages 207-254 (chapter 4) (Twitter chat on 8/15)
- Week 7: Pages 255-298 (chapter 5) (Twitter chat on 8/22)
- Week 8: #AgMovieNight – Watch the documentary (Rancher, Farmer, Fisherman) (Twitter chat on 8/29)
Join the chat (#AgBookClub) on Wednesdays at 8:00pm Central on Twitter. Learn how to participate in a Twitter chat here. While we hope you can participate in our discussion every week, we know that everyone has busy schedules. If, for some reason, you have to miss a week of #AgBookClub, we’ll make sure to post a recap of our discussion on our blog. We always include general questions that can be answered by anyone, so please don’t hesitate to jump in the Twitter chat if you didn’t have a chance to read the section we’re discussing. We welcome any and all to join the discussion!
Learn how AgBookClub works here.
Visit our bookshelf to see what we’ve read in past months and what we’ve got on the schedule for next month.